What is the Postural Stability Programme- (Falls Prevention)?
Active Leeds offer a programme of activities for people at the risk of falls. These 'Strength and Balance' sessions are designed to improve strength, balance and co-ordination for people with low mobility. The sessions involve a mixture of chair based exercises and standing strength and balance exercises.
- Age 60+
- Able to walk (aided or unaided) and transfer from seated
- Able to follow instructions independently
- Mild or moderately frailAt risk of falling / have had a fall(s)
- No contraindications to health (e.g. unstable heart conditions)
The programme includes;
- Group activities in the community.
- Using the Keeping Well at Home Resources.
- Support via phone or online.
- There are a limited amount of loan “digital tablets” that people can borrow. This means people that are digitally excused can access online resources to help them keep active
If you have any queries or would like to know more please don't hesitate to get in touch with us:
Active Leeds Health Programmes Team
Postal Address: John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Leeds, LS11 5DJ
|Tuesday||13:00 - 15:30||OPAL Tinshill LS16 6DJ|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 12:30||Cross Gates Newman Centre LS15 7JY|
|Wednesday||13:00 - 14:30||St Johns Church Farsley LS28 5DJ|
|Thursday||14:00 - 16:30||Morley Leisure Centre LS27 9JP|
|Thursday||13:30 - 15:00||Holy Trinity Hall Meanwood LS6 4LF|
|Friday||10:00 - 12:00||Garforth NET LS25 2LP|
Our programmes are on Leeds Directory:
Active Leeds Falls Prevention Farsley
St John’s Church New St, Old Rd, Farsley, Pudsey LS28 5DJ
Active Leeds Falls Prevention Cookridge
Older Peoples Action in the Locality 55 Bedford Dr, Leeds LS16 6DJ
Active Leeds Falls Prevention Crossgates
Crossgates Newman Centre Station Rd, Cross Gates, Leeds LS15 7JY
Active Leeds Falls Prevention Garforth
Garforth NET Dover St, Garforth, Leeds LS25 2LP